- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering on The WAN, the platform and website you will be asked to enter personal information. The personal information that we collect includes:
- your name;
- email address;
- physical and mailing address;
- telephone and mobile number;
- location information including GPS information;
- details about your property and/or facility requirements;
- property photos;
- user profile photo;
- provide formal identification, or other details;
- For companies that register, we may require you to provide tax information. (“Personal Information”).
In addition to Personal Information, we collect information needed to optimize Member experience in relation to our The WAN Services. The types of additional information we collect include:
- device identifier;
- IP address, browser type and language;
- cookie information (further discussed below);
- location (GPS) information;
- system information including details about your device, the software and hardware versions you are using. (“Additional Information”)
The provision of the Personal Information and Additional Information allows you to register and use The WAN, the platform or our website as an Accommodator, Business or Worker.
- When do we collect information?
We collect the Personal Information and Additional Information from you when you: register and amend your profile as a Member; or create, amend and confirm a property listing; access and use The WAN; create and post feedback; communicate through our platform and website; respond to marketing communications; fill out a form or enter information on our platform and website.
We will also collect information from a Business in relation to the nature of their business, and their Workers requiring accommodation. This includes instances where the Business refers Workers to The WAN by providing their details. These details are then used to provide invites to the contractors or employees as ‘Worker’/’Roomers’. The information contained in invites is solely used by the platform and the website to invite a Worker to the platform and website so that they can find a property match. If a Worker is invited and does not register with The WAN your personal information is permanently deleted within a reasonable timeframe.
Personal Information and Additional Information is also collected from Businesses that register and use The WAN, the platform and website to directly provide their contractors and/or employees with accommodation services.
- How do we use your information?We may use, store and process the Personal Information we collect from you when you: register; create and amend a personal profile or property listing; create and post feedback; respond to marketing communications; or use other platform or website features in the following ways:
- enable you to access and use our platform and website,
- enable a Business to invite a Worker to use the platform or website,
- enable you to communicate with other Members.
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the platform and website and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications; and
- enable The WAN to match a Business or a Worker with an Accommodator.
- How do we protect your information?
- We employ industry standard data protection, storage and processing techniques to protect against unauthorised access of data about you that we store, including your Personal Information and Additional Information. Your Personal Information and the Additional Information we collected is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all information you supply is encrypted during transmission to our server via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
- Use of ‘Cookies’.When you use The WAN, the platform or our website, we may collect information from your device or computer through a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small piece of text or code we send to your browser by visiting the platform or our website. It helps The WAN remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. This information can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
Cookies cannot harm your computer. They play an important role in helping us understand how to improve the website to suit your needs. Without them, using The WAN, our platform and website would not be as functional and efficient.
- Third-party disclosure.We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include communication to other Members of the platform and the website and other parties who assist us in operating The WAN Services, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-party links.We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website. We may use Google AdWords and Facebook Remarketing to advertise trigger across the Internet. Remarketing ads will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of our website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. If you do not wish to participate in our Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting The WAN website or contacting us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How does our site handle ‘Do Not Track’ signals?We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
- How we store data.The WAN retains all rights of ownership on our software, code, databases, designs and any other internally developed application to provide the Site and the Service. You retain all rights of your data posted on the service. We utilize external vendors and hosting companies to provide the software, hardware, storage, networking and other necessary technology required to provide the service.
- Controlling your personal information.We make every effort to give you access to your personal information, to allow you to correct any inaccuracies, or to remove your personal information at your request provided it is not required for genuine business purposes or by law to be retained.
We require you identify yourself and the information you request to access, remove, modify or correct before commencing such requests. We may refuse requests that are of unreasonable technical effort or would be highly unfeasible, endanger the privacy of others, or require access that is not normally necessary. When we provide access to your personal information for the purposes of modification, correction or removal, we do so free of charge except where doing so requires an unreasonable effort.
Please contact email@example.com to request access to, correction or removal of your personal information.